August 19, 2021
There’s a lot to learn during your first semester, from where classes are to managing e-Learning assignments. Technology enables living and learning at UF, and UFIT is here to support your academic journey. While you’ll discover more over the next few years, here are 10 IT services to discover now to help maximize your UF experience.
Anyone with questions about these services may contact the UF Computing Help Desk (352-392-HELP/4357, email@example.com, and HUB first floor).
1. UF Computing Help Desk: Speaking of getting help from the Help Desk, the staff have you covered for all things technical at UF. There are self-help resources on their website and have 24/7 assistance for things like password resets.
2. Canvas: UF’s e-Learning platform where you access quizzes, assignments, and more.
3. ONE.UF: The campus portal to register for classes, viewing and ordering transcripts, and resources like phishing training.
4. GatorMail: UF’s official email service for contacting instructors, administrative staff, and fellow students.
5. Eduroam: A secure wireless network for on- and off-campus connectivity. Protect yourself and UF, Gators! Stay on secure wireless.
6. Discounted Software: Learn what software packages Gators can purchase at a discount.
7. UFApps: A collection of more than 190 applications available 24/7 FREE for students.
8. GatorCloud: UF’s cloud-based collaboration with high volume storage options.
9. LinkedIn Learning: UFIT underwrites the cost of membership for Gators to access 15,000+ courses for FREE.
10. Mobile Printing: Learn how to print on the go from over 50 campus locations.