- Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunity in High Performance Computing and AIApply by Mar. 15
- 2024 Tech FairAnnual student event, free for all majors
- Certification Practice Exams Now Available on LinkedIn Learning48 practice exams available
- Elevating Generative AI Recipes to Encourage Authentic AssessmentsUF Information Technology (UFIT) offers multiple Tech Bytes each year. Tech Bytes are shorter, “byte-sized” events that demonstrate new/emerging technologies and strategies to enhance teaching and learning. The next Tech Byte is on Thursday, Feb. 29, and focuses on encouraging authentic assessments with artificial intelligence (AI). Thursday, Feb. 29, 2024 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (via… Read more: Elevating Generative AI Recipes to Encourage Authentic Assessments
- Money Available for Tech Purchases that Enable Student SuccessFirst deadline for proposals is Mar. 18
Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunity in High Performance Computing and AI
Interested in high performance computing and AI? A National Science Foundation grant awarded to Assistant Professor Mickey MacKie and supported by UF Information Technology (UFIT) is open to two undergraduate women.
The two selected students will have the opportunity to develop their project utilizing the university’s supercomputing resources. Students will also receive a financial stipend along with mentoring throughout their project’s lifecycle. Additional details about this undergraduate research opportunity, along with the application form, are available here:
Dr. MacKie and AI Support Manager Ying Zhang are accepting applications for the Women in High Performance Computing Scholarship through 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 15, 2024. Undergraduates from all disciplines are welcome to apply! Students with questions prior to submitting their application are welcome to contact Ms. Ying Zhang.