March 23, 2017
Teams of staff from across campus and UFIT are diligently working on multiple projects of the COMPASS Program. The projects are all focused on modernizing the way UF receives and interacts with student data, from a student’s initial application, during their academic career, and then continuing their university relationship as alumni. More than 180 interactive design and prototyping work sessions were held so that as much feedback as possible could be integrated into the new student information system (SIS). The documentation needed to address gaps between how the SIS functions and how UF staff actually use the system to manage work processes is also complete. Some of the overall system work now underway includes:
● Data conversion, mapping, and migration of data to modules in the new system
● Developing the Campus Solutions application–the new student data module for myUFL
● Migrating system modifications to a test environment for evaluation by campus users
● Writing of business process guides to aid in the development of training
● Defining the new security roles needed
More detailed information can be found on the COMPASS IN PROGRESS webpage. Please feel free to email UFemail@example.com with any questions you have about COMPASS! Your email will be routed to the appropriate project lead for response.