February 7, 2019
UFIT Training is offering a new program to help IT staff better understand and support the research computing environment. The four session program enables campus information technologists to assist their faculty and research staff in utilizing and maximizing research computing resources.
The program consists of four 90-minute sessions: Research Consultant Program Overview, Research Computing Resources, World of Faculty Researchers, and Facilitation and Graduation. This program is open to all IT staff at UF regardless of department or job title. Among the benefits of participating are:
- Familiarizing yourself with Research Computing resources
- Discovering the life of faculty researchers
- Matching researchers’ needs to Research Computing resources
- Understanding UF’s grant seeking process
- Developing more efficient communication skills with your faculty
This free program is designed to allow plenty of interaction with the facilitator and participants. Upon program completion, participants will have a solid foundation of skills to assist faculty researchers in data management and seeking available research computing resources. Anyone with questions about the program may contact Research Computing Director Erik Deumens.