May 9, 2022
Eduroam is the campus Wi-Fi network option for students, faculty, and staff with active GatorLink credentials.
Instead of connecting to ufguest — an unencrypted, basic option for visitors — members of the UF community should connect to eduroam for the fastest and most secure experience. Ufguest users have a slower internet speed, can’t use Gatorlink VPN, and are unable to connect to UF’s private IP network. Follow these steps to make eduroam your default Wi-Fi when in range:
1) Open your Wi-Fi settings and connect to the “ufgetonline” network
2) Open a new browser window and visit getonline.ufl.edu to register your device
3) Select your device type from the dropdown
4) Follow instructions until you’re able to connect
a. Note that you must use your “firstname.lastname@example.org” as the username
5) Once connected, open your network settings again and forget the “ufgetonline” network
When you change your GatorLink password, you will need to follow steps 1-5 again on each device you have previously connected to eduroam. Call the UFIT Help Desk (352-392-HELP/4357) or visit the Help Desk (132 Hub) during business hours for assistance connecting to eduroam.