October 15, 2018
The National Science Foundation’s (NSF) online portal for submitting proposals and managing awards is called FastLane. UF is now among the organizations whose members’ credentials can be used for logging on
to https://research.gov and
To log in using GatorLink credentials, click on the pull-down menu and scroll the list of organizations or type “University of Florida,” then click “login.” The first time logging in by organization affiliation will generate another page opening, asking you to enter your last name, nine-digit NSF ID, and NSF password. Completing this step links your GatorLink and NSF credentials, so future logins with GatorLink credentials is all that’s needed.
The NSF manages relationships with researchers, reviewers, and administrators via FastLane. 400,000+ members of the scientific community use FastLane each year to:
• Search NSF Awards and Funding Trends
• Submit nominations and letters of references for awards
• Prepare and update a proposal
• Check a proposal’s status
• Prepare post-award notifications and requests to NSF
• Sponsor a proposal for a postdoctoral fellowship
• Submit letters of reference for a proposal
The FastLane IT Help Desk is available to assist from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for federal holidays, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (800-381-1532).