April 19, 2021
The university community has been using multi-factor authentication for two years. Students, faculty, and staff enrolled with the Duo app have the option of selecting a “push” notification, which is often the quickest way to have your identity confirmed.
Two-factor authentication strengthens access control of UF systems and data by requiring two methods to verify your identity. These methods (the ‘factors’) combine something you know – like a username and password, with something you have – like a smartphone app to approve authentication requests. It’s easy to set up push notifications to complete your authentication:
1. Visit UFIT’s multi-factor website and click on “MY TWO-FACTOR” in the left navigation.
2. After logging in, click on “My Settings and Devices”.
3. Scroll to the “Default Device:” box and confirm the number listed is your primary device.
4. Then, in the “When I log in:” box, select “Automatically send this device a Duo push”.
5. Click “Save” and you’re on the way to quicker Duo verification!
Anyone needing assistance with setting up the Duo push notification can visit (132 Hub) or contact the UF Computing Help Desk (352-392-HELP/4357, firstname.lastname@example.org).