December 5, 2014
All student email will soon be powered by the GatorCloud email service. Students have until January 29, 2015 to choose their migration date to GatorCloud email. After January 29, 2015, migration dates will be assigned for all students who haven’t chosen their migration date to the new service, to ensure that the UF Webmail system for students can be retired in March 2015. Why, you might ask, would students want to upgrade to GatorCloud email?
- 50G of email storage – compared to 1G in UF WebMail
- Integrated Calendaring
- Access to UF’s Global Address Book (directory contacts)
- Integration with UF Instant Messaging via Lync
- Modern webmail interface with Outlook Web App
- Mobile apps for iOS; Android coming soon
- Option to sign up for OneDrive @ UF – 1TB file storage, file creation, and collaboration
For information about the upgrade and migration process and what to expect when your migration date arrives, please visit the FAQ page.