June 25, 2018
Moraxella, Bacillus, MRSA, and E. coli are just some of the bacteria and pathogens researchers found on people’s smartphones. How dirty are your devices? Can you remember the last time you cleaned your phone? It’s a mobile petri dish! Something you constantly carry in your hand is bound to have germs on it.
Sanitize your mobile devices!
Clean your smartphone once a week with these five steps:
1. Fill a spray bottle halfway with distilled or bottled water
2. Fill the other half of the bottle with 70% isopropyl alcohol
3. Put the cap back on and shake the bottle to mix the solution
4. Lightly spray the solution on a microfiber or lint-free cloth
5. Rub it all over your entire phone — especially those buttons
You can also purchase cleaning spray from the Apple Service Center in the UF Bookstore.
Clean up the software on your devices!
UFIT wants your devices to be bug free–inside and out. The UF Computing Help Desk will evaluate your device for FREE. Have questions? Call [352-392-HELP/4357], email email@example.com, or visit [132 Hub] the Help Desk for assistance.