October 27, 2017
The October 2017 Canvas update brings several new and important features to UF e-Learning:
● An accessibility checker has been added to the rich content editor. This tool pinpoints and corrects common accessibility errors on the page that the user is editing.
● There are new “Gradebook” history filters. These filters not only show all changes made to a course’s Gradebook but also allow for more granular searches. For example, instructors can now search by a combination of student, grader, assignment, and start/end date.
● The “Discussions” feature now allows for duplication.
● Users of the “DocViewer” feature can now collapse and expand annotated comments.
● A tool called “Photo Roster” has been added, allowing instructors to view their course roster with student images pulled from the Gator1 Central database. The Photo Roster feature also allows instructors to view their student’s UF email address in case they want to contact students outside of the Canvas email system.
Anyone with questions or needing assistance is welcome to call e-Learning Support at the UF Computing Help Desk (352-392-HELP/4357, Option 3) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-Learning Support staff is always happy to help!