November 9, 2020
Happy pre-Thanksgiving, Gators! This summer, Provost and Senior VP Dr. Joe Glover shared the Fall 2020 schedule. In that announcement, Dr. Glover encouraged instructors to allow course completion and final exams remotely after Thanksgiving break.
UFIT has some recommendations to help students thrive from Thanksgiving to the close of the fall term:
1. Bookmark the UF COVID-19 Updates page to stay current with campus pandemic news.
2. Make sure you know when you can call or email for tech support over the long break by bookmarking the UF Computing Help Desk Hours page.
3. Before leaving for Thanksgiving break, sync your Canvas calendar and your preferred calendar app to keep track of assignment deadlines and upcoming exams.
4. Ship textbook rentals by the return date to avoid charges on your ONE.UF account. Visit the UF Bookstore’s Help/FAQ:Rental page if you have questions about the process.
5. Complete coursework from home with UFApps. UFApps provides free access to more than 180 software applications on any device, from any internet-enabled location. Check out the list of available apps here: https://info.apps.ufl.edu/published-applications/.
Let’s finish the semester strong, Gators!