April 20, 2020
Two important announcements for instructional faculty:
1. More resources were recently added to the Keep Teaching website, and
2. Instructors can now request their course shells for summer 2020.
Also, in partnership with the Center for Teaching Excellence and Center for Online Innovation and Production, UFIT is offering online consultations and webinars focused on instructional design and educational technologies. The webinars are scheduled for April and May and include sessions on Engaging Learners Asynchronously, G-Suite for Teaching and Learning, and more. Session recordings will be available on the Keep Teaching site.
To be ready for teaching remotely this summer, request your Canvas course shell by navigating to Main Menu > Student Information System > Online Learning > Canvas Course Request in myUFL.
• The Summer 2020 code is 2205. Courses not requested or marked “Exclude from Canvas” will be auto-created beginning May 6 at 12:00 p.m..
• If someone else normally requests your courses, please verify that this is still the case.
• Fall courses are available if they’ve been entered into the system. The code for fall is 2208.
Please refer to the Course Request FAQs for additional resources. The e-Learning Support team is here to help! Hours of support are Monday–Friday from 7:30 a.m. to midnight (352-392-HELP/4357 option 3, firstname.lastname@example.org).