February 27, 2017
Managing the information technology resources of 250+ learning spaces is just one of the academic environment responsibilities of UFIT. In addition to designing and maintaining classroom technologies, UFIT also designs and installs all types of audio/visual systems in facilities across the university.
UFIT’s Classroom Support team completes a multi-project schedule to upgrade campus learning spaces each year. A sampling of the projects completed in 2016 include:
• Full renovations of Larsen Hall 310, Wiemer Hall 2050, Weimer Hall 2056, and Turlington Hall 2319 (pictured)
• Installation of audio/visual and computer integrated technology in UAA’s Hawkins Center
• Audio/visual and technology upgrades to Beaty Towers and Infinity Hall classrooms
• Laser projection upgrades to Carleton Auditorium, Norman 137, McCarty A-G186, and Weimer 1064
• Installation of computer equipment for tutoring, instruction, and study spaces in Farrior Hall
The 2017 Labs and Learning Spaces brochure details the support available to departments interested in upgrading their classrooms, lecture halls, and other specialized teaching and learning spaces. Please email Lon Vance, UFIT Senior Engineer & Project Manager, if you’d like to discuss any planned space renovation or audio/visual project.