August 13, 2020
It’s now easier to create and edit announcements, pages, syllabi, assignments, discussions, and quizzes in e-Learning! Canvas’s rich content editor (RCE) has a new, intuitive interface, and related tools are grouped together for easy access and application.
• The RCE expands to the full width of the browser.
• Toolbar menus are grouped by common icons and interactions.
• Image and media additions include drag and drop.
• Images include an ‘Unsplash’ search and content auto-scaling.
• The RCE window can be resized using the ‘Move’ handle below the window.
• The content sidebar only displays when linking to other parts of Canvas, accessing Canvas files, or accessing uploaded media.
The new RCE will become the default in December. In the meantime, instructors are encouraged to get ahead by using the new interface now. To enable the new editor, log in and navigate to: Settings > Feature Options and toggle the ‘RCE Enhancements’ feature to “on.” Visit the Canvas Update page to see screenshots of the new interface and a chart of features in both the old and new editors. Anyone with questions about UF’s e-Learning environment is welcome to contact UFIT e-Learning Support (firstname.lastname@example.org, 352-392-HELP/4357 option 3). Assistance is available from 7:30 a.m. to midnight M-F and from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on weekends.